Monday, May 12, 2014

Catching Up

I have seriously been slacking on posting. My apologies. Well, I would apologize if I had any readers. Yet. But, as this started as an exercise to keep me honest in my efforts to improve,  blaming my lack of new content on a lack of readership seems slightly hypocritical. So, let's play a little catch up:

I have not done well adhering to my rules. The reasons for this are many. However, two main factors stick out. 1, I don't engineer my environment to increase my chances of success. I still have sweets in the house, I still allow myself trips to the mart to get snacks and I don't have a reliable accountability partner.  (Although this seems to be changing in the near future.)  2. I let stress get to me too easily. I don't have methods of de-stressing that don't involve lazing about and pigging out.

It sucks cutting good people out of your life. This is unfortunately necessary, occasionally.  It still hurts and it is never easy, at least not for me.  But, no regrets, right? 

In spite of the many setbacks in my life, I feel uncharacteristically optimistic. This is a new sensation for me. As though this new chapter carries with it genuine hope and real promise. This leaves me uncharacteristically excited.

As always, thank you for joining me on this journey.  I have several future posts planned, most likely to come once I have finished the training I'm currently assigned to be in.  Feel free to check back or subscribe to receive updates. Once I've discovered how to set subscribing up....

***Update***
I have placed a subscription link to the right. Blogger is surprisingly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment